Earlier this month, I’ve given my view on how PAS would bring the gambling license issue to be discussed among Pakatan Rakyat’s unregistered coalition, and hoping it would also be a catalyst for PAS to show what they are made of, and also show the Malaysians how Islam is all about under their perspective and definition.
Eventually, DS Anwar Ibrahim, as head of Opposition told the world that Opposition Leaders must discusss rules before enforcing them. Weirdly indeed for me to listen such views. I’m not saying that the move is theoritically and ideally wrong, but by this development and statement, I’ve been wondering since on some matters. Among others:
- How many of enforcement of rules in Pakatan Rakyat’s controlled state being discussed among oppposition leaders?
- Was the donation made by Lim Guang Eng which was said using gambling money discussed amongOpposition leaders?
- Why much of the frictions between PAS and DAP revolving on Islamic issues (rather than other issues), when many of times PAS mentioned how DAP has understood Islam well and Lim Guang Eng admires Caliph Umar Abdul Aziz?
Not long after that, PAS was said to review lottery ban. Hmm.. sounds like a U-turn to me. Well, let us just wait and see for the nextfew day(s)’ headlines going to be. Why? Simple. In Harakahdaily, there are two interesting articles that I recommend readers to read and ponder.
- Orang Cina faham Kelantan haram premis judi (Chinese understands Kelantan forbid gambling premises);
- Judi: Kelantan dukacita Pusat lulus lesen (Gambling: Kelantan disappointed Government to Approve License)
If the chinese have understood why PAS Kelantan to forbid or not allowing any of gambling premises, why would this be an issue now and then? Why must PAS be disappointed with Malaysian Government to approve gambling license when Muslims clearly know gambling is not allowed and the gambling licenses are not for Muslims??? If really DAP has understood Islam as PAS claimed, DAP won’t be using Malaysian Law to argue with PAS.
It is clear that Islam does not allow gambling, but some other parts of the world legalised them. Yes, gambling is not good (and that’s the reason why muslims are not allowed), but some non-muslims do not understand that. Yes, we may advice or impose rules against them, but will that work? Will that kind of enforcement of Islamic rules against non-muslims will work? I don’t know.
By the way, DS Anwar Ibrahim.. what is your comment on this news – Pluralism: Jakim Asked To Investigate Anwar. Is the allegation true?
One more… if Pakatan Rakyat to take over Malaysian government.. will any act in regards to gambling be changed and thus not allow any gambling and gambling license applicable to ALL?
DS Anwar Ibrahim , Lim Kit Siang, Karpal Singh, TG Hadi and TG Nik Aziz.. will you answer the above question?
Questions on the street: How much DAP and non-muslims in Malaysia really have understood Islam? How much have PAS made them understand? Are the gambling license allowed to muslims and muslims allowed to gamble (be it Islamic rules and Malaysian Law).